photo c128aed6-3f52-48c5-b366-de0d588caa4e_zps40ouxivj.jpg

Friday, April 28, 2017

Dry Shampoo Favs

 
 Dry shampoo, for when your hair looks like poo! Don't mind me, just being all clever over here. ;) But for reals, I'm pretty sure dry shampoo is a girl's best friend (or at least a mom's best friend). I have tried SO many dry shampoos. If it's sold at Target, I've probably tried it. I have a few requirements for a good dry shampoo; It's gotta blend well, I don't want any grey hairs. It can't smell TOO bad. I don't need it to smell like roses (yes I know Batiste makes one that does smell like roses) but I also don't want to feel like I'm suffocating. It's gotta make my hair last a minimum of 3 days post washing AND last but not least, if it's a spray it's gotta be under $5 and if it's powder it's gotta be under $20. I'm not paying a fortune for something I go through super fast.

SO! Here are my two favorites!

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo $4.89 at Target

Could the name be any longer? ;) This spray is my favorite. I spray it on in the morning, let it dry completely (while I do my makeup), and then I massage it in! Before styling, I'll brush it through. I do this day 2 and day 3. Day 4, I don't brush and I don't style, I just rock the messy dirty hair look and don't leave the house. ;) It doesn't leave residue on my hair, I don't suffocate, it's cheap, and the packaging is pretty cute too.

No Drought Dry Shampoo by Lush Cosmetics $15.95 at Lush.com

So I use this stuff at night. I sprinkle it on my roots, massage it in, and go to bed. This helps my hair not be as greasy when I wake up and leaves it nice and ready for the spray in the morning. This powder smells fresh and clean and a little goes a LONG way. I've had this bottle for over a year and it's still basically full! This is ALL I use when pregnant (I avoid aerosols) and in that case I still put it on at night and then if I need any in the morning I sprinkle the tiniest bit. Full disclosure, this stuff doesn't blend quite as easily as the spray which is another reason it's an awesome night product. You don't have to worry so much about having sweet grey hair!

There you have it! I have tried batiste and I know a lot of gals that really love it. I thought it worked fine but it's a smaller bottle than the Not Your Mother's and more expensive. I go through the spray dry shampoo quickly so paying more for less isn't really my jam. If the smell of dry shampoo really bothers you, I know batiste does make more appealing scents to theirs so that's something to consider. In the end though, for me personally, I prefer the NYM.

Happy FriYAY folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment